Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 15...THE DAY I CHEATED

This morning was another productive day of cooking. I was able to wake up early and make breakfast and 2 lunches. I have been telling myself for weeks now that I am going to the eat the frozen turkey in my freezer from Thanksgiving. I am most likely going to make a salad with it.


Breakfast: a southwestern scramble with ham, onions, bell peppers, and lots of cumin. First, I sauteed the diced onion and bell pepper, then added in the eggs. While the eggs were half runny/half cooked I added in some chopped ham (check the ingredient list, less=better). After the scramble was down, I topped it with salsa and cheese and served it with toast and honey.



Snacks: I packed a serving size of walnuts, cottage cheese and blueberries, and a banana. I ate the cottage cheese for lunch and had the remaining after my pre-final workout.
Lunch: Since I felt like I was on a heavy carbo load, I decided to switch it up and pack more vegetables in my meals. I sauteed white onion, zucchini, and green beans together until the onions had a nice brown color and the zucchini had a 'grilled' look to it. At the same time, I was boiling a small amount of linguine. Once it was all done, I tossed it all together and viola! I served this with a side of red leaf lettuce.

Dinner: I had a protein smoothie that I made earlier that day. I do not use any formulas or powders.The best protein shake is one made naturally. Some great ingredients to add are:

  • Oatmeal
  • Bananas
  • Blueberries
  • Honey
  • Almonds/Almond butter
  • Almond flour
  • Crunchy peanut butter
Of course, you don't have to add ALL these ingredients at once. Usually, I do one grain, one nut mixture, and bananas. Feel free to tweak the recipe to fit your personal needs

UPDATE! When I went shopping with my roommates, I ventured off into Williams-Sonoma and sampled some really delicious peppermint bark brownies. Even though the samples were the size of a short nail, I still felt REALLY  bad. They were so delicious that I went in for two samples :( So in all, I cheated and had about a knuckles worth of delicious peppermint bark brownies.
-Eating Clean in College

No comments:

Post a Comment