Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 14

AVOCADO MANIA!
(just the leftover half from yesterdays meal)
Hello healthy blogging world! I already have all my meals for today cooked and made and it isn't even 8:30 yet. Granted, I did wake up earlier than expected but I decided to cook for the entire day.

Breakfast: I made a scrambled egg panini will salsa, avocado, and red leaf lettuce.


From plain eggs and avocados, to on the indoor grill with salsa, then topped with lettuce. After I closed the hatch and allowed the indoor grill to cook the sandwich for 5 minutes, I had a quick and healthy breakfast sandwich to enjoy. I swallowed this down with a cup of vanilla flavored almond milk to complete my morning.

 
Snacks: a banana and a 1/4 cup of walnuts
Lunch: Ham panini. Instead of packaged ham, ask the deli for about 1/2 pound of fresh sliced meat. If this isn't an option, the choose the lunch meat brand with the least amount of sodium. This time, I omitted the salsa and made guacamole out of the avocado as a smear-instead of traditional sauces and spreads. Lastly, I added cheese to the mixture for a creamier taste. I used the same grill for the same amount of time.

Yes, I was cooking all these meals at the same time. Be efficient and prepare the lunch panini while the eggs are cooking. When you are cutting the avocado strips, cut several of them to make it easier to apply it to both sandwiches. Also, have all your ingredients ready! This really makes cooking a lot easier!

Dinner: This was probably the easiest meal of the day to make. 
  1. Cut and rinse lettuce for a salad
  2. Season salmon with spices and herbs of your liking
  3. Boil green beans (make sure they still have a bright green color and are stilll crisp)
  4. Bake salmon at 425 for 10 minutes, then broil for 5
  5. VOILA
UPDATE: During the day, I began grazing on almonds that I hid from myself...they ARE my weakness. That obviously turn out well because I ate 2 pre-made snack bags. While I was on campus late at night, I became hungry so I caved in a bought a honey and oat granola bar at the vending machine. It was either spend that dollar or starve...I was planning on staying there for a while.

LESSON: pack  nighttime studying snacks!

 -Eating Clean in College

No comments:

Post a Comment