Saturday, January 30, 2016

January 2016 Spending

Hello Clean Eaters!

I know that it has been a while since I have posted on my blog but I promise that I have not forgotten about you!  As you know, I have started a new No Spending Challenge for 2016 and unfortunately it has been off to a rough start.

Early in the year, I started having car troubles so I paid a little bit of money for the towing services and the diagnostics. There was a problem with my radiator and heating my car so that set me back a little bit, and to be honest with you, it was really depressing. I seriously spent three days inside my apartment thinking about how everything has gone wrong and how I am going to live like an Extreme Cheapskate for the rest of my life.

Fast forward a few weeks, and I realized that I ran out of foundation. Now, since I knew that I was not going to spend any money in 2016, you would think that I would have been smart enough to stock up on makeup before the year was over. Also, I did nearly 90% of my spending at the end of the month on January 29th. Here is what I bought:

Target: $10.83 on 2 mascaras, foundation on sale, and a liquid eyeliner
Ulta: $30 on a contour palette, foundation powder, foundation, and travel makeup brushes (might return)
ATM: $40 Withdrawal for a night out with my girls
Total: 80.83

Even though I took out $40, I did not spend all of it that night. I spent less than half that amount ($17) on two drink and two appetizers. I am glad that I did not spend all of that money because I will be going to TWO Valentines Day events in February...and my plan is to try to spend under $20 each time. Since I am also planning on going on a vacation over spring break, I am really trying to pinch every penny that I can. Right now, I am not sure that buying all that makeup was necessary and might return a few of those products to get my money back. I guess I got caught up in the glittery frenzy in the makeup aisle and forgot that I actually do not have money to spare. Oh yeah, not to mention student loans but I don't want to get into that right now.

As for my food budget, I am still only buying perishables such as produce, eggs, yogurt, and milk. The reason why I only buy these items is because I have a freezer and pantry full of vegetables, salmon, fruit, beans, tuna, pasta, and more. I am trying to eat whatever I have at home and only going out to purchase the foods that are necessary.
------------------------------------------------------------
What about you all? How have you saved money this year? Are there any tips/tricks that you live by? Let me know in the comment section below!

-Eating Clean in College

No comments:

Post a Comment