Store - Kroger in Houston
- Ozarka water bottles (1L) .79c each
- 1 pint of 2% milk - $1.39
- 1 single serving packet of pistachios - $1
- 2 Vokos Greek yogurt- $1 each, $2 total
- 2 packets of apples & peanut butter - .40 c each, .80 c total
- 3 apples - .99c
- 2 packets of Justin's peanut butter - $1, $2 total
- 2 Odwalla bars (just a little sweet treat!) - $1 each, $2 total
Now, this seems like a high price but I did shop for 2 and I wanted to make sure that I got a good variety of foods. In my haul, I included produce, nuts, two forms of dairy, and carbohydrates. Not to mention, I had to add water to keep me hydrated. Originally, I was planning to have the fruit, milk, and yogurt for breakfast and keep the apple snack pack, Justin's, and Odwalla bar in my bag in case we had to face a similar fate during lunch. Luckily for me, our lunch was covered so I was able keep those snacks in my purse for a later time.
What would you have done differently? Is there anything that you felt I missed or something that you would have gotten instead? Share your thoughts with me in the comment section below!
-Eating Clean in College