Monday, January 27, 2014

Last Minute Snack Pack

Hello Clean Eaters! I recently had the pleasure of taking a last minute trip with my cousin to Houston, TX. Now, I am notorious for always keeping snacks and my bobble with me at all times but this trip was different. For starters, I knew she was planning to leave but I did not forsee that I would have been sucked into going with her so, I basically spent the weekend living out my of purse. Our first night there, she was kind enough to pay for dinner and afterwards, I decided to go to the closest Kroger and stock up on good to get me through the rest of the "vacation" (I ate my only granola bar on the 4 hour car ride there). Unbeknownst to me, the hotel we were staying at did NOT provide free breakfast so I was glad that I went shopping the night before. Below are the details of my haul:

Store - Kroger in Houston
  • Ozarka water bottles (1L) .79c each
  • 1 pint of 2% milk - $1.39
  • 1 single serving packet of pistachios - $1
  • 2 Vokos Greek yogurt- $1 each, $2 total
  • 2 packets of apples & peanut butter - .40 c each, .80 c total
  • 3 apples - .99c
  • 2 packets of Justin's peanut butter - $1, $2 total
  • 2 Odwalla bars (just a little sweet treat!) - $1 each, $2 total
Total: $11
Now, this seems like a high price but I did shop for 2 and I wanted to make sure that I got a good variety of foods. In my haul, I included produce, nuts, two forms of dairy, and carbohydrates. Not to mention, I had to add water to keep me hydrated. Originally, I was planning to have the fruit, milk, and yogurt for breakfast and keep the apple snack pack, Justin's, and Odwalla bar in my bag in case we had to face a similar fate during lunch. Luckily for me, our lunch was covered so I was able keep those snacks in my purse for a later time.
What would you have done differently? Is there anything that you felt I missed or something that you would have gotten instead? Share your thoughts with me in the comment section below!

-Eating Clean in College

No comments:

Post a Comment