Are you REALLY hungry?
- Discover if you are hungry or just mindlessly eating. Most likely, if you are just sitting at home catching up on all your favorite shows then take 10 minutes. Within this time, go for a walk, dream a glass of water, or even a hot cup of tea.
- If you are still hungry after the 10 minutes has passed, then opt for a high nutrient and energy packed snack such as a piece of fruit and a small serving of nuts
- The best snacks contain a combination of protein, fiber, and healthy fat. Try any of these below
- Clean Eating Chips and Guac
- Cottage cheese with fruit (berries, mango, and pineapples make great pairs!)
- Fruit with nut butter (such as bananas or apples with peanut butter)
- Chips and Hummus
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth With Fruit!
- Fruit Salad!
- Homemade parfaits are better for you than their store bought counterparts. Exclude the granola to eliminate the extra calories and sugar
- If you MUST, eat 1/2 a serving of ice cream with a fruit salad
- Grill up a tasty dessert with peaches, berries, and watermelon.
- Grilled Fruit Salad- 110 calories
Cut the peach into quarters and put right onto a warm (not scorching hot) grill. Thickly sliced the watermelon on lay on the grill for 4 minutes on each side. In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients-but leave the mint aside. Remove the peaches and watermelon from the grill and add it straight into the bowl. Create 1 cup portions of the fruit salad and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Is Your Drink Sabotaging Your Diet?
- Hidden calories from sugar and saturated fat may be hiding in your drink! Remember that portion sizes are important and that liquid calories are less filling than solid foods
- When it comes to alcohol, ALWAYS remember to drink in moderation. If you must indulge then here are some healthier options Smart Alcohol Choices
- The best choice to keep you hydrated without the extra calories is to drink water!
-Eating Clean in College