Sunday, March 24, 2013

How to Eat Well in a College Cafeteria (updated)

Hello all,


I know I posted something similar to this a while back but now I am making another list that should make eating healthy in college A LOT easier! This time, instead of doing broad tips, I have broken it down into tips my meal. Enjoy!

Breakfast- avoid the pancakes, pastries, sugary cereal , bacon, sausages and other junk. Go for scrambled eggs, the fruit bar, and oatmeal.

Lunch- have a whole wheat sandwich (sans cheese, mayo, or other naughty creamy dressings). Try to have a lean protein source on it like skinless chicken breast, lean turkey, or grilled fish (avoid the processed deli meats if possible). Lastly, add as many vegetables as you want!

Dinner- now, I know that it is easier to say eat a salad but honestly, the salad bar gets really boring after a while and for my male reader, I wouldn't want to put you through that agony. So instead, opt for the baked or grilled chicken options instead of the traditional meatloaf and pizza. If you find yourself at the salad bar, then fill up your bowl/plate with lettuce and spinach and add from there! For dressing, opt for vinaigrette or toss it with some olive oil and spices (olive oil and black pepper + oregeno tastes great to me)

Try these out and tell me what you think! Of course, if you have any tips or questions, feel free to leave them below in my comment box!

-Eating Clean in College

No comments:

Post a Comment