Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 20

Breakfast: A southwestern egg scramble sandwich with a glass of almond milk

Snack: A crunchy peanut butter and honey sandwich on toasted whole wheat bread

Lunch: A homemade grilled chicken salad. I have finally used my last prepared bag of red leaf spinach from my mini grocery haul last week. I marinated 1 chicken breast in balsamic vingerarette and grilled it on my George Foreman until perfection. Then, chopp it up and enjoy with about 2 cups of lettuce for a quick and healthy salad.

Dinner: I had another Subway salad. This time, I ventured off campus to see if the prices truly were cheaper. Well, it's not. The only thing cheaper off campus are book, school gear, and grocery food. Instead of a tuna salad, I bought an oven roasted chicken breast salad. Here is the picture and description:


  • Oven roasted chicken breast
  • Spinach
  • Tomato
  • Bell Pepper
  • Red Onion
  • Cucumber
  • Banana Pepper
  • Pickles
  • Black Pepper
 Total: $6.78

I felt jipped by the price and had I asked before hand, I probably would have stuck with a traditional salad or maybe added a cheaper meat option. 

Midnight Snack: crunchy peanut butter and honey on whole wheat toast. I was feeling hungry since I stayed up until 4 o'clock in the morning studying :/

-Eating Clean in College

No comments:

Post a Comment