Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 18

Breakfast: Today I had a pretty large breakfast. I made another southwestern breakfast scramble (this time, I omitted avocado and added in jalepeno. Then, I enjoyed a bowl of Total cereal with vanilla flavored almond milk.

Snack: 1/4 cup almonds and half a water bottle; granola, raisin, and almond mix

Lunch: I am down to my last serving of my spicy vegetarian chili. To complement my legumes, I boiled a quick serving (1/4 cup) of brown rice.

Spicy Vegetarian Chili
Boil a can of natural (or reduced sodium) pinto beans. Once the beans got to a rolling boil, I added in 1/2 a chopped jalapeno pepper. Then, I let the beans simmer for 15 minutes. According to my palate, the chili packed a little bit of heat at first but it was nothing major. The flavor of the jalapeno really stuck out and had a bite to it. You can use less if you want. Garnish with mozzarella cheese and enjoy!

On campus: I was on campus from 10 to about 7pm. Within that time, this is what I bought
  • 1 pint of 2% milk and green apples with peanut butter - $3.33
  • 1 turkey and cheese sandwich on wheat bread with tomato and lettuce- $3.29
  • 1 pack of peanuts from the vending machine- $.85
Total- $7.47

Dinner: After spending all day at the library (and eating) I had a light dinner. I went home and opened a baggie of lettuce and had a salad. Around midnight, however, I decided to finish my remaining Thanksgiving leftovers. I enjoyed this with glass of Chardonnay. Around 2am, I had a small bowl of Total with almond milk before heading out a party (I don't like drinking on an empty stomach).

-Eating Clean in College

No comments:

Post a Comment