Monday, June 15, 2015

Hydration Celebration!

Hello Clean Eaters!

I know that summer is here so that means it's time to stay hydrated! While I may be one of the few people out there who don't mind the bland taste of water, I know that others might not. I recently went out and bought a slew of goodies (and stole some teabags from my moms house) so I wanted to try some new water and tea combinations!

So before I get into the nitty-gritty, let me say that I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious and versatile the mint was. It lasted me a week and added a fresh flavor to the water and the tea! I also heard that infused water can be used at detoxes. I have always wanted to try a detox or maybe even a teatox but have not done enough research into to it to fully commit. In the meantime, check out what I drank.

Here is what I made:
  • Green tea with mint and lemon - Putting lemon in my tea is not new to me put adding mint sure is! I have to admit, at first I was scared about burning and ruining the mint leaves but it actually provided a great flavor.
  • Lemon grass tea with mint - Lemon grass tea is completely new to me. I didn't bother adding more lemon to this tea so the mint was a great counter balance!
  • Water with mint and lemon - I have seen this one time and time again on Pinterest. I have read that mint helps settle ones stomach and aids in digestion (peppermint tea for example) and that the added lemon helps to cleanse the body and boost the immune system. I am not sure if these have helped (since I have been only been drinking them for a week) but I sure do like it!
  • Cucumber lemon water - Classic, nothing more
  • Cucumber mint water - A new favorite! Adding a few slices of cucumber to water makes me feel more hydrated and the mint was a welcome, fresh taste
In all, even though I only played around with a few different ingredients, I got good flavor combinations out of them. Go ahead and try some out for yourself and tell me what you like to infuse your water or tea with!

-Eating Clean in College

2 comments: