Monday, May 11, 2015

Granola Energy Bites

Hello Clean Eaters! I have been so busy theses past few weeks between work, finally going on a vacation, and LIFE in general that I barely have time to breathe. I know it's not healthy...that is definitely something I will address in a later blog.For today, I am going to post a delicious recipe that I finally got to make! It is not an original as it was inspired by soooo many amazing bloggers before me! I took bits and pieces from my favorite and adjusted it to what I had in my kitchen! :)

Just a warning, these are simple to make and DEEELLICIOUS! Once I popped one in my mouth, I literally could not stop eating! Make at your own risk!

Ingredients
The simpler, the better!

  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 1 tablespoon powdered peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup ground extract (I tried to ground them in my blender but it didn't turn out too well)
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries

Prep
To make these delicious bites, all you do is blend and stir all the ingredients together! This is what I did
  1. Combine the powdered peanut butter, oats, and ground flax seeds together. Stir well!
  2. Mix in vanilla and honey.
  3. Spoon in peanut butter
  4. Sprinkle in the dried cranberries and give one last good stir!
  5. Once the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, roll into into balls and chill into the fridge for 30 minutes! They can be stored and kept fresh in an airtight container for 3 days!
This last part is messy (I'm not fancy shamncy enough to have parchment paper so I had to use my hands and Tupperware). I tried rolling the energy bites into balls using tablespoons. I just ended up using my hands and had more fun eating the stuck on granola than I did rolling them!



1 comment: