Thursday, February 5, 2015

Got My Groove Back

Hello Clean Eaters! For those of you who have been following me on Twitter and Facebook, you know that I am officially a working adult! That means 40 hour work weeks and 40 hour paychecks! I must confess, it was a rough transition at the beginning. I have to bus my way to work (not lucky enough to have a car but that will change!) so that means 5am mornings and being in bed by 9pm at the latest. After you factor in commute times, that leaves around 1-2 hours for me to relax after work. At first it just spent eating dinner and going to bed with cleaning on the weekends. The only time I had to meal prep was on Sunday nights (which I regularly did) but since since food stays fresh for about 3-5 days in the fridge, that meant that Wednesday nights were dedicated to cooking for the rest of the week. Working out was also an issue since I had NO time during the week to workout so had to rely on Saturday and Sunday to be my cleaning, running errands, and work out days. For a little lady like myself without a car, it was exhausting. However, I think I finally have gotten into a routine that works best for me! Check it out below: 
As you can see, my noon-1:00pm hour is divided into two parts. I did that because I wasn't utilizing my lunch hour. I spent about 15 minutes eating my homemade lunch, 30 minutes browsing the internet, and the last 15 taking a nap. Now, I just find a workout video on YouTube that is under 30 minutes and start sweating (not literally, but it is better than nothing). The last 30 minutes tend to go by faster since I have to change back into my work clothes but I like it this way so far! 
Secondly, I know it is not best to work-out right before going to bed but it actually helps me sleep better. I don't go 100%, just an incline walk on the treadmill or on the bike is what I do. I also found it to be better than unwinding with a glass of wine or bottle of hard cider!

Tell me what you think! This schedule might change but for now, it seems to be working just fine!

-Eating Clean in College

No comments:

Post a Comment