Friday, December 26, 2014

Post Grad Update

Hello readers! I am happy to say that this is my first blog post as a college graduate! That is right, ya girl is officially a college grad and it is time for me to step out into the real world. The most exciting thing about graduating is receiving graduation gift cards and money! Let me tell you! As someone who is living a champagne lifestyle on a tap water budget, this is easily one of the best things to have happened to me this year...and since the year is almost over, its safe to say that this is as good as it will get.
Now, I know that I should be jumping off the walls with excitement but for some reason I feel stuck. My mind is telling me to budget and live lavishly at the same time. I don’t get it. Obviously these gift cards can only be used at their respective stores but I still feel apprehensive about spending them. I don’t want to waste the free $50 or $100 that has been given to me. The last thing I want is to go into my first year as an independent adult unprepared. While I want to buy a white faux fur rug from target, could that $50 be better spent on kitchen ware? There are so many thoughts swirling around my Type A brain, that I don’t even know what to do. For most people, it would be like having a free money pass but for some unfortunate reason, by brain does not allow me to spend money, even when I DESERVE to! I don’t want to end up like an extreme cheapskate so I found a solution to my problems.

You see, I created a column for every gift card that I got. Under each column, I wrote down exactly want I needed and how much I expected it to cost. I am not going to lie, I did dedicate an entire Visa gift card to buying alcohol. Once I had my necessary purchases written down, any remaining balance will be used frivolously. I mean…I graduated with honors here, I think I can splurge every now and then.
I haven't gone shopping yet but when I do, you all will be the first to know!

-Eating Clean in College

No comments:

Post a Comment