So my original list cost me $60 but over the last two weeks I would supplement my pieces with a few pieces here and there
1. If you're looking for something fresh, try...Seasoned lean ground beef with a cucumber and tomato salad
- First, you heat some canola oil in a pan on medium high and add in your lean ground beef. While it is still cooking, feel free to spice it up with any seasonings that you see fit (I love to use black pepper, crushed red pepper, and natural ketchup). While the food is finishing and there are no more pink spots in the pan, dice up your cucumbers and tomatoes like in the picture. You can drizzle the vegetables with olive oil, lemon juice, or a combination of both! This meal is quick and fresh and will surely please your taste buds.
- Wash your fish filet and pat them dry. If you have a broiler pan, line the pan with foil. If not, place the fish on a 2 sheets of foil on any oven rack. Place the fish on the foil and season with black pepper, oregano, olive oil, crushed red pepper, and hot sauce. First, bake the fish at 400 for 5 minutes then broil the fish until flaky and done. This will pair well with wild rice or quinoa.
- Before you get the beans started, prepare your chicken by marinating it in your favorite salad dressing (sadly, ranch doesn't work well but Italian dressing and Honey Dijon are perfect marinades). When you are done seasoning or marinating your chicken, put it in your George Foreman or bake for 20-30 minutes at 350. Prepare the green beans by chopping off their ends. Bring a pot of water to a boil and allow the beans to boil for 4 minutes- making sure they don't change colors or lose their crispiness. Drain the beans and add them to an ice bath and set aside to sautee. Make sure they are cook because keeping them warm will continue the cooking process. Heat a skillet on medium heat with oil in the pan for at least 2 minutes. Add in chopped onions garlic and cook for a minute then add the green beans and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes. When it is done, garnish with black pepper. Pair the chicken and green beans together and enjoy!
- For the mashed potato, I simply baked a potato and took the core outside of the skin and added in black pepper, cheddar cheese, and oregano. For the green beans, you sautee the same way as mentioned above. The zucchini and bell peppers are quickly stir fried in a skillet until they are cooked to a crispy perfection!
I hope you all enjoyed reading about some of my favorite meals! If you try some of these recipes, feel free to tell me how it worked for you or how you would make it better.
-Eating Clean in College