Tuesday, April 30, 2013

How to Make a Quick, Healthy, and Delcious Lunch- Chicken and Couscous

So I know that the majority of Americans are super busy and live hectic lives. Sadly, a lot of citizens get caught up in the mix and forget to eat healthily. In fact, some people find it impossible to eat healthy on the go. Well my friends, with some patience and creativity, you can create delicious and healthy meal.

If you have 15 minutes to spare, then below is delicious lunch that I made while I was studying at home.

Chicken with Broccoli and Parmesan Couscous

  • 1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 4 strips
  • 1 package of couscous
  • 3/4 cups of frozen brocoli
  • 2 tsp of olive oil
  • parley and Parmesan cheese to your liking
The night before I prepared this dish, I marinated the chicken with the following ingredients:
  •  freshly sqeezwed lemon juice from 1/2 a small lemon
  • 3 dashes of paprika
  • 1 dash of sea salt
  • 2 dashes of black pepper
  • 2 dashes of oregano 
  • 1 dash of garlic powder
When I was ready to eat, I turned on my George Foreman and started grilling the chicken. While that was happening, I added about an inch of water to pot and let it boil. Once the pot was boiling, I added in the frozen broccoli. Once the frozen broccoli is cooked, I prepared the couscous according to the box (the package I used required me to use 2 tsp of olive oil but you can omit it if yours does not). You should only keep the couscous on the stove for a short time then promptly remove and let sit covered for about 5 minutes. Before I let it sit, I sprinkled in the parsley flakes and Parmesan cheese then left it alone. At this time, it should be safe to turn off the George Foreman- but still leave the chicken in the grill. By the time the couscous is done, the broccoli should be finished as well. Remove all the heated foods off their respective burners, plate, and enjoy!



-Eating Clean in College

No comments:

Post a Comment