Sunday, February 3, 2013

Days 64-67: Ending my Vegetarian "Challenge"

Honestly, I give major props to full time vegetarians  Yes, it is easy for me to do it for a day and congratulate myself on a job that I thought was well done but it is not something that I can see me doing permanently  With that being said, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to live a vegan diet in a country so heavily laced with meat, meat, and more meat. While it was somewhat cheaper for me to eat as a vegetarian (considering the fact that I have not gone grocery shopping so all the foods I ate were at home...or stealing whole grain crackers from the salad bar) it was agonizing. In the end, I hated it. Here are some pictures of my best meals that I created over the past couple days:

  Top: Subway Veggie Pattie foot long on wheat topped with spinach, red bell peppers, tomato, and red onion

Bottom Left: whole grain linguine pasta tossed with olive oil and broccoli

Bottom Right: Spinach salad with chopped cherry tomatoes and chopped cucumbers  Top: Margarita pizza topped with spinac

Bottom: Cream of  onion soup with a grilled cheese sandwich (I know, I know, it is white bread and I cheated, but it was the only thing at the coffee shop that I could eat) total price = $4.41

A broccoli and mango skillet dish with toasted sunflower seeds 

-Eating Clean in College

No comments:

Post a Comment