Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 55 and how to save money on your food budget

Back to school for week 2! Knowing that I virtually have class from 9am to 5pm, I packed my lunch and a snack with me. While at school, I was able to fill up my water canteen about two whole times.

Breakfast: A waffle and crunchy peanut butter sandwich. There is a store out here called Central Market that does a really great job at making whole grain waffles...that taste good!

Snack: 1/4 cup walnuts and an orange

Lunch: 2 cups worth of Whole grain spaghetti and turkey meatballs

Midday Meal: the remaining portion of the spaghetti and meatballs (about a cups worth)

Dinner: Or should this be titled Brinner- as in Breakfast for Dinner! Since I love using the Southwestern/Mexican/Baja theme, I made a white potato and egg scramble that was topped with fresh spicy salsa and avocado.

How to Cut Your Food Budget in Half
-Eating Clean in College

No comments:

Post a Comment