Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 9...late night on campus challenge!

My breakfast was pretty basic. Just scrambled eggs the way I usually eat them. This time, I added in oatmeal with cinnamon. For those of you who are wondering, I make my oatmeal with 2% milk.

Lunch: I was on a protein kick after my work-out today so I ate the remaining three chicken strips from yesterdays dinner with a spoonful on crunchy peanut butter and half a bottle of water.

If you have been following me since Day 1, then you can kind of guess that my snacks are a heavy part of day. Even though I try to space them out, I usually end up eating them all in one sitting. (quite naughty I know)
  • 1 whole Texas grapefruit with 1/2 a gala apple 
  • 20 almonds
  • 2 T crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cup medley of carrots, celery, and cucumber
  • 1 small banana
After spending an unexpected 5 hours on campus studying, I had no choice but to eat on campus before I headed out to Bible study. I guess this is where my first real challenge occurred. Right as I headed downstairs to the food court, the salad bar was being clean up. Instantly, I thought it would be better to grab one of the prepackaged sandwiches and salads the school had available. Sadly, upon reading the ingredient list, I realized that the healthy alternatives were packed with processed ingredients and laced with sodium. How could a turkey on wheat sandwich be so bad? 

My only choices left were Subway, Chick-Fil A and Smoothie King.

So, I headed down the Subway line and ordered December's $5 Footlong: Western Egg and Cheese (which includes ham)

  • Footlong wheat- I was planning on saving half the sandwich for the next day but hunger took over
  • Egg white
  • Ham
  • Onions
  • Bell Peppers
THEN TOASTED
  • Spinach
  • Tomato
  • Cucumber
No sauce, no cheese and all for $5.41

-Clean Eating in College

No comments:

Post a Comment