Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 31


Breakfast: Yay! I am finally home again so this time, I will have no excuses to cheat or stray away from my clean eating plan. I made scrambled eggs with avocado topped with natural cheese and salsa. On the side, I made a berry and cottage cheese medley. Lastly, I finished off the meal with the remaining blackberries int the basket.

Lunch: A personal chicken and artichoke pizza; a fiber bar

Dinner: After my workout, I decided to eat a hearty vegetarian meal. I made brown rice with dark red beans and a side Greek salad. The rice and beans were simply boiled until they were done. Below is the recipe for my Greek salad 

Greek Salad
  • 3/4 coarsely diced cucumbers
  • 1 roma tomato
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/4 cup coarsely  diced Red Delicious appple
  • 1 chopped jalapeno
  • chopped walnuts, adjust amount to taste
  • 1/2 a lemon
 Preparation:
  • Cut all the ingredients up and lightly toss in bowl  
  • Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice

Giveaway Information: Today, I went shopping and was able to pick up some things for my giveaway. As of now, there are no participants so literally ANY comment at this point in time will be the winner. If there are still not any participants, then I will simply return all the items and go about my day :)


-Eating Clean in College



4 comments:

  1. I love all your post!!!! I just found it , your a great inspiration! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherri! I am glad that you are enjoying it!

      Delete
  2. A tip for chopping jalapeno or any other hot peppers.
    Get hold of the disposable gloves that the medical crowd use. Chop the peppers with them on. Believe me it saves on the sore eyes when the pepper on your fingers gets transferred to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that tip! Luckily, I have never been one to do that but I am sure that someone elses eyes have been saved

      Delete