Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day 19/ Why Subway Salads Rule

Breakfast: I finally finished all the Total cereal I had in my pantry. Once I was done, I drank some green tea and headed off to study

 
Lunch: Before I left home, I packed about 2 cups of popped kettle corn, a sandwich, and walnuts with a bottle of water.

Dinner: A tuna salad from Subway....basically a nice salad with tuna on it. I know that the tuna is laced with mayonnaise and sodium, but I was really craving something creamy and since I didn't have salmon to complete my "Salmon Sunday" I decided that tuna would be the next best thing. I got a salad because I did not feel like eating bread that night.
 Here is what is in my salad:
  • Spinach
  • Red Onion
  • Bell Pepper
  • Banana Pepper
  • Tomato
  • Cucumber  

Subway
Cost- $4.33
-        Larger, about the size of a dinner plate and 2 inches deep
-        Animal protein option
-        More sauce variety
-        Cheese variety 
Salad bar
Cost- $4.31
-        Smaller; about the size of a cereal bowl
-        More vegetables to choose from
-        Vegetarian protein friendly (beans, chickpeas)
For only 2 pennies more, I was able to get more bang for my buck!
Subway Salad Nutrtional Guide Here is the link to where you can find out the nutrtional information of your Subway salad
-Eating Clean in College

No comments:

Post a Comment