To start, I had a delicious whole grain bagel and scrambled eggs for breakfast. For those of you who don't like the 'gritty' taste of whole grains, I suggest some honey on the bagel. The eggs were topped with salsa and parsley flakes.
Lunch: leftover spaghetti and green beans from the previous night. It was still delicious though and I still have noodles remaining
Snacks: Around 11:00AM (an hour before working out) I ate 1/4 cups of almonds and another oatmeal bar. After my work-out, I ate a medley of celery and chopped cucumbers.
Dinner: Ahhh! The highlight of my day! Tonight i made this delicious turkey chili. Below is the recipe
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon of low sodium mesquite seasoning
- 1/4 chopped large white onion
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- shredded cheese (adjust to your liking)
- If you purchased frozen ground turkey, then defrost the meat. After the meat is at room temperature
- Add the olive oil to a hot pot. After the oil is heated, proceed to add the onions and stir for a minute on medium high. Then, add the ground turkey and black pepper.
- Once the turkey is fully cooked, add in the seasoning and beans. Bring the heat up to a boil while stirring frequently.
- After the mixture is brought to a rolling boil, bring down to medium heat for 10 minutes then simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Spread cheese on the bottom of your bowl, then laddle in about 1/2 cup of the chili in the bowl. Sprinkle with more cheese then add your crackers. Lastly, laddle in about another 1/2 cup and top with more cheese!
-Eating Clean in College