Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 2

Well, waking up this morning I had a bit of a challenge deciding what to eat. In the end, I ended up eating oatmeal. Plain. Brown sugar is processed so I was not able to enjoy that flavor but I did utilize raw honey! After my apple, tea and oatmeal, I was off to school to face the day.

Around 10:30
I ate 6 triscuits (they are made with whole grains and vegetable oil) with a wedge of Laughing Cow Swiss cheese. I read somewhere that this was a great cheese alternative and I was only sacrficing 35 calories. Since I was still hungry, I ate a cup and a half of mixed baby carrots and cucumbers. That kept me off bay for a while.

Around 1:30
I was in the middle of class and started feeling the hunger. Luckily, I packed a salad that included
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Celery
  • Cucumber
  • Red Beans
I made this the night before and ate it with a drizzle of olive oil and black pepper that is offered at our school's salad bar.

Tonights dinner sounds good but looks really gross since all the colors look like mush when blended together. I made:

  • Baked chicken
  • Mashed sweet potato with cinnamon
  • Red kidney beans
I love chicken because it is high in protein and very versatile to cook with. The beans are a great source of fiber, protein, and 3 B vitamins while the sweet potatoes are high in vitamin C, calcium, folate, potassium, and beta-carotene. From this small meal, I managed to pack in a lot of nutrition while cutting out all unnecessary fats.
UPDATE!
After dinner, I sliced up and ate an entire large Texas grapefruit. I know a lot of people do not like eating citrus fruits at night but I had a craving and could not resist! It was a great way to end my say with natural sweetness and vitamin C

No comments:

Post a Comment